Senior Software Engineer/Architect
Role: Responsible for leading in the design, development and maintenance of Optechís software platform, software development tools and processes in support of the Software Functional Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Managers and the development team to define and prioritize development initiatives
- Advise the Software Functional Manager and lead the development team, first in Vaughan and then worldwide, to define software platforms and architecture, and develop best-in-class software
- Collaborate closely with the Software Program Manager to ensure that the requirements are well defined and executable, and that development schedules and milestones are achieved on time
- Work with internal and external software development teams worldwide to establish software development best practices and implement development tools and development processes in order to achieve rapid time-to-market, increase the robustness of the software and enhance software flexibility and maintainability
- Lead the software team in analyzing and solving software problems
- Advise on best practices, procedures and tools for software testing
- Interface with the Firmware team and lead in the creation of clear interface control documents and in the subsequent integration
- Advise on and develop software development metrics to enable the assessment of the software teamís performance
- Train and mentor software development staff and assess their performance
- Support regular reviews with management on program progress and risk assessment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all technological advances.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science and Mathematics or equivalent
- 10 years experience developing software for lidar and other spatial imaging products
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- A deep understanding of the algorithmic concepts behind Optech post processing application software platform product line (Optech LMS)
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business and technical vision; strong project management skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Russian an asset - ability to communicate with our contractors based in Russia.
Interested applicants may send their resume to: email@example.com.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.