Customer Support Representative 1 (Non-Technical)
Role: Is responsible for positive, timely and effective responses to assigned customer (internal & external) accounts’ problems and queries by obtaining information from and coordinating efforts of technical experts and divisional staff. Reports to Support Services Supervisor.
The regularly scheduled work week shall consist of 37.5 hours worked over staggered shifts on a 24/7 basis. This position also requires occasional “on-call” availability to provide assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer support functions to assigned customer base; assist supervisor or shift lead with all customer issues; receive customer calls of requests for support and service; respond to telephone and email queries from assigned customer base;consult with internal subject matter experts to obtain information on how to best respond to customer service issues; be able to get internal experts to advise customer on potential issues in a timely manner; provide customers with information required and recommend practical solutions based on input from technical experts; in coordination with Client Services Coordinator, follow-up routinely and proactively with assigned customers to ensure Optech’s products and services meet or exceed their expectations; in coordination with Client Services Coordinator, follow up with customers about their products and their satisfaction with the products they have
- Document all customer interaction in company’s CRM database; record and log each customer interaction; fill out the service ticket forms for each interaction; input and track all communications, problems and requests on database; search and query CRM (email history, knowledge base); keep track of all communications with customer very efficiently; compile and maintain required paperwork and documents; organize database on server
- Perform shipping function; prepare shipping forms; bring goods to Shipping Department and sign parts/equipment required for shipment based on supervisory direction
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results; assist in manual preparation; document procedures; provide client support ;take minutes at meetings
- Adhere to support services defined 24/7 shift schedules; be punctual and stay until the end of the shift; perform routine information to transition to co-workers performing the next scheduled shift
- Grade 12 or equivalent;college or university degree in GIS or related discipline or 1-3 years equivalent work experience an asset
- Windows NT; Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of CRM software an asset; technically minded, able to work in a technically challenging environment; mathematical background a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal/customer relations, verbal and written communication skills, over-the-telephone customer service skills
- Experience in delivering customer support service; ability to resolve general application problems via phone or electronic support on a timely and accurate basis
- Ability to work as member of a team as well as independently; excellent organizational and time management skills; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow established procedures; detail oriented; willingness to learn new things and be able to maintain a can-do attitude in a challenging environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to change schedules in order to meet urgent/tight deadlines; ability to work flex hours and work staggered shifts to fully support customer requirements
- Sense of urgency; able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Be able to remain calm in difficult situations.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Send your resume to email@example.com