Position: Reporting to the Land Survey Systems Operations Supervisor, the Operations Specialist is responsible for operating Optech's Survey Products in the course of testing and product demonstrations along with other related hardware in a safe and correct manner. To deliver Optech Training Programs concerning the operation and maintenance of Optech’s Survey Products. To process, analyze and interpret data collected from Optech’s Survey Products.
Position is worked over regular working hours, stand-by and occasional on-call availability to provide assistance, as required. Significant travel will be required, at times up to 60%.
- Operate Optech’s Land Survey systems during local testing or delivery activities in a correct and safe manner
- Document system operations as per defined procedures
- Provide technical planning and coordination of field demonstrations and product deliveries by coordinating the technical aspects of product demonstrations with sales and client; assist with technical aspects of system installation operation and data processing; and ensure that technical aspects of onsite and field demonstrations proceed smoothly
- Support the planning and execution of both local and international field events under the direction of the activity manager; perform data analysis and data quality control to post processing by running the main processing software, special quality analysis programs or visualization
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of Optech’s hardware products and the associated software by processing data in support of sales and marketing activities; maintain a high proficiency of Optech’s main software partners
- Respond to questions, issues or concerns from internal customer support representatives or external client-base in timely and effective manner
- Serve as one of the Optech Operations in-house training representatives. Conduct onsite and in-field training sessions for Optech system users and act as a key resource in developing a well-planned training itinerary for clients; modifying the training itinerary according to the type of client and changes in the market
- Assist with the administration, direction and delivery of Optech training programs. Assist in the preparation of both training and product documentation material by acting as a key resource. Disseminate information on available training courses; take responsibility for training equipment and materials; recommend any needed upgrades and requirements, etc; maintain records on all training provided; track the progress and performance of those involved in the training process.
- College or university degree in surveying, photogrammetry, remote sensing, geographic information system or a combination of these disciplines
- Experience in relevant survey or GIS related work; spatial data analysis a definite advantage; experience using optical equipment; good analytical and problem solving skills; knowledge of 3D software processing
- Experience in delivering customer support services; excellent interpersonal/customer relations, verbal and written communication skills; ability to resolve general application problems via phone or electronic support in a timely and accurate manner; ability to effectively communicate with clients and deal with adverse circumstances in a professional manner
- Ability to follow established procedures. Willingness and ability to constantly adapt to new tools, techniques and technologies for data processing and analysis
- Detail oriented; ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to changing schedules to meet urgent/tight deadlines
- Sense of urgency; ability to work flex hours and staggered shifts to fully service and support customer requirements
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing and able to perform international travel to provide demonstrations of the system and service customer base
- Able to lift equipment greater than 50 pounds.
Interested applicants may send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.