System Product Manager
Role: Reporting to the Business Manager, Terrestrial Mapping Systems, responsible for product requirements definition; procedures, policies and standards for implementing enhanced and/or new product. Assist with activities to ensure complete and timely implementation of marketing programs, collateral and sales support. Develop products; identify potential products, determine specifications, manufacturing timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; develop marketing/distribution strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate industry trends, customer feedback, technological advancements and marketing requirements. Conduct research to obtain market information; determine customers' needs and product pricing; assess market competition; provide competitive comparisons between the terrestrial mapping system products and competitive products.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines in conjunction with the Product Engineer. Appraise new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes; provide business project management for product enhancement; determine priority of product enhancement and evaluate enhancement requests for impact analysis and estimates; prioritize development and delivery; develop functional requirements for product enhancements and new products to ensure that the requirements identify the market need/problem and the functions required to resolve the market need/problem; participate in product user group functions; assist in activities to ensure complete and timely implementation; establish and maintain vendor/channel partner relationships as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Business Manager and the Sales Manager regarding communications requirements and marketing materials for new and existing products. Work with Business Unit and Sales Managers to develop product sales strategies; provide direction and product information to marketing programs and marketing literature; recommend price changes on new and existing products and services and monitor competitor pricing to ensure pricing and business policies are market competitive; provide sales support as needed.
- Develop and maintain product business plans in accordance with the divisionís marketing plan. Analyze product profitability and performance.
- Provide information for management. Prepare short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answer questions and requests; review and adjust inventory levels and production schedules.
- Bring new products to market. Analyze proposed product development programs; prepare return on investment analyses; establish time schedules with engineering and manufacturing; develop time-integrated plans with sales, advertising and production; determine product pricing in conjunction with Business Unit Manager and Sales Managers; use research data; review production and sales costs; anticipate volume.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Managers to develop and implement market programs with distribution/channel partners. Review/recommend distribution strategies; identify company and channel partner positioning in the market to ensure product programs meet user needs; support establishment/maintenance of channel partners; serve as a link between channel partners, customers, and sales staff to ensure that they capitalize on market opportunities.
- B.Sc. /B.A. with 3 to 5 years product management experience in related industry
- Lidar technical knowledge; marketing management; channel marketing/distributor relations/alliances
- Customer orientation; excellent oral and written communication skills; professional attitude and appearance; excellent presentation skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills; interpersonal flexibility; commitment
- Business sense; leadership; team builder; adaptable
- Has initiative; takes action; ability to work effectively under pressure; ability to meet deadlines; ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work with others in a team environment; ability to travel on a limited basis
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org