Repair and Service Technician
Role: Responsible for performing board- and system-level tests on Optech survey systems, reporting and recording test results, performing subsystem acceptance testing and participating in system integration and debugging at Optech facilities and customer locations in a positive and professional manner. Reporting to Land Survey Systems Repair and Maintenance Supervisor.
Regular Working Environment:
The regularly scheduled work week consists of 37.5 hours worked Monday through Friday in addition to regularly scheduled stand-by and occasional call-back to provide assistance after hours and weekends. The position also requires incumbents to be available and flexible to adjust work schedules, to work overtime, to work staggered shifts and to travel internationally to customer sites on short notice over extended periods to provide service and fully support our customer requirements.
- Provide in-house service, maintenance and upgrades to Optech survey systems
- Provide field service to Optech survey products customers; investigate customer issues by using expertise from internal resources experienced in the problem area; use information gathered to provide practical solutions to all customer service issues
- Perform board- and system-level test on the company’s survey systems; troubleshoot and repair systems that fail test and operations; perform subsystem acceptance testing using approved procedures; issue calibration sheets; revise, correct and modify test procedures, test equipment and test facilities
- Interact and communicate with all parties to resolve field test issues; provide timely, relevant information to customers and co-workers by effectively presenting ideas in formal or informal settings with or without preparation
- Perform domestic and international travel at a moment’s notice in order to provide support by troubleshooting and repairing systems at Optech and at Optech’s customers wherever they may be located across the world; arrange travel while remaining within corporate guidelines; be available for occasional “on-call” for in-house work at Optech and “call-back“; be available to provide service during evenings and weekends
- Prepare required internal field reports and external field report; complete all internal field reports required and send to appropriate departmental parties for action
- Ensure tool kits for field service are organized, in functioning order and ready to service customers systems; arrange and maintain common tools according to standards and protocols set; follow all health and safety instructions and procedures
- Completion of electronics college program or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated in-depth electronic and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Thorough understanding of electronic testing methodology
- Experience with test equipment and electronic calibration
- Ability to diagnose and correct root causes of equipment and product/process-related failures
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal and written. Fluency in other language an asset.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel internationally on a moment’s notice to customer sites
- Ability to lift the following equipment, on occasion:
- Pratt tool kit: 25 kg
- Mastercraft tool kit: 20-24 kg
- Laptop bag: 5 kg
Sensor head: 15-25 kg
- Control racks: 15-55 kg
Floor to waist lift: Occasionally, up to 28 kg lifting field service tool kit or participating in a 2-person lift of a control rack; Occasionally, 18-23 kg lifting sensor heads
Horizontal lift: Rarely, up to 28 kg participating in a 2-person lift of a control rack; Occasionally, 18-23 kg lifting sensor heads
Pulling weight: Occasionally, pulling wheeled tool kit, weighing up to 28 kg up to 1 km while traveling
Interested applicants may send their resume to: email@example.com.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.