Role: The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for providing shipment services for Optech Incorporated. The work-week is a regular 37.5 hours, Monday through Friday, with occasional on-call work. The applicant must have the ability to flex to adjust work schedules and work overtime, as required.
- Make inquiries in the SYSPRO system to identify PO numbers or make references to the person or contract number who received the goods. Enter receivings for certain projects into the Encore system.
- Prepare shipping documentation and schedule goods to be moved by local and domestic carriers.
- Arrange shipments to the United States through Optech Inc.
- Generate export documentation for destinations in the USA, including NAFTA, FCC, FDA, Declaration for Free Entry of returned US goods, and repair declarations.
- Create export documentation for international shipments, including an electronic transmission of B13 and the Certificate of Origin certified by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. This includes shipments from Corporate Manufacturing and the goods from other business units.
- Assist in loading and unloading heavy packages for shipments. On a regular basis, provide packing for Corporate Manufacturing. Offer assistance on moving incoming/outgoing goods from/to the shipping room.
- Prepare export/import documentation and arrange shipping to/from shows and exhibitions, choosing the most efficient way to deliver the goods for display.
- Accommodate the return of goods under RMA to various suppliers.
- Generate export documentation for hand-carried items. Assist in completing CARNET counterfoils and reporting trips under CARNET and hand-carried goods to the Export Control, if required.
- Maintain computerized receiving and shipping logs. Monitor movement of the scheduled shipments.
- Order packing supplies such as boxes, tapes and stickers.
- Advise points of contact in various business units and divisions of returned goods and urgent receivings.
- Answer shipping door and accept deliveries for Optech Incorporated. Inspect packages and report any visible damage. Distribute received packages. Ensure that shipping doors are securely locked at the end of every work day.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent with minimum one year general office work experience
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of filing systems
- Good listening skills
- Customer-oriented, able to resolve problems, organized,
- Flexible to work varying schedules
- Able to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with the public and other employees
- Able to perform the following, as they could be a critical part of the position: Standing, walking, driving, lifting (>50 lbs), pushing or pulling, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, reaching, squatting, stooping, reading, writing, hearing, talking, seeing (clear vision near and far) and working with others and alone.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com.
No telephone calls, please.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.