Graphic Designer (Part-Time)
Role: As a part-time graphic designer (up to 14 hours per week), you will work with a small marketing group in a busy, informal high-tech environment. Reporting to the Marketing Manager and assisting the Graphic Designer, you will work on designing, creating and maintaining corporate marketing materials, both print and digital, using graphic design, web design and video editing talents to continuously improve and update our corporate presence via all media:
- Create graphic designs and layouts for a diverse range of print and digital marketing and product materials, including advertisements, brochures, spec sheets, show banners, web sites, videos, animations and graphics, to support Optech's marketing efforts
- Prepare marketing materials and layout/production files for use inside and outside the company
- Keep materials up to date over time by adding, changing and deleting content as required
- Apply the corporate design to create a consistent and professional corporate look to all marketing materials
- Work with manager and others to help manage and maintain the CMS-based corporate website, and create smaller websites as needed
- Handle in-house video and photography needs to create professional marketing materials (occasional)
- Organize and maintain graphics and data files, and back them up as needed.
- Minimum 2 years as a commercial graphic designer
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), QuarkXPress, and desktop/electronic publishing
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver and website tools
- Excellent working knowledge of typography and the production process from design to print
- Familiar with video editing tools and techniques
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Art, Fine Arts or equivalent with a strong emphasis on graphic design
- Laptop with recent version of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to schedule time and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work in a multi-task and multi-deadline environment
- Good organizational skills
- Team player with good communication skills.
Interested applicants may send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.