Manager, Financial Planning and Controlling
Position: Reporting to the VP Finance, responsible for budgeting, planning, coordinating accounting operational functions—inventory control, materials management, procurement—and maximizing return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
- Coordinates and delivers monthly rolling forecasts, annual business plans, and ongoing ad hoc financial planning reports and guidance. Interfaces with senior and business management to align on strategic direction, and ensures reflection of directives in the forecasts and business plans.
- Delivers annual product BOM costing information and reviews product cost information to align execution towards budgeted performance.
- Manages inventory control and procurement activities. Develops policies and procedures to ensure consistent effectiveness of inventory control and procurement processes. Delivers exceptional inventory management through tightly controlled inventory management processes applied through lean manufacturing principles.
- Guides financial decisions and protects company assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing financial policies and procedures and enforcing internal controls. Ensures adherence to financial control corporate policies and procedures. Develops and implements procedures required to improve internal controls, increase operating efficiency or further safeguard the assets of the company.
- Develops and mentors staff.
- Analyzes project costing information and holds project management accountable for project deliverables with financial guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CMA or MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting management experience, at least 5 years as an Accounting Manager or Division Controller with thorough knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Must have hands on budgeting and inventory management experience.
- Superior analytical, organizational, project management and problem solving skills; ability to develop and implement plans, procedures, and processes.
- Critical thinking skills to determine best financial approach, to maintain budget controls and to supervise accounting staff.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills; ability to convey financial information in an easily understood manner; good presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and the achievement of department goals; receptive and supportive of team efforts.
Interested applicants may send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committed to employment equity, Optech Incorporated encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.