The Laser Advantage
The ultimate solution for industrial process challenges, Optech’s laser rangefinders exploit the unique properties of light to produce precise, reliable, fast measurements. High update rates provide accurate measurements even when objects move quickly or material levels change rapidly. "Last-pulse logic" and internal windowing software filter out any false returns from obstacles passing between the rangefinder and the object or material.
- Rapid measurements, up to 5 readings per second
- Accurate, with absolute accuracies of 2-4 cm depending on the model
- Non-contact, non-intrusive measurements
- Measure through moderate amounts of dust, by using advanced software
- Narrow beam divergence for long-range tracking of small targets, accurate unit location/alignment, and to aim past obstacles
Laser Measurements Are Unaffected By…
- Moderate amount of dust
- Mounting angle or orientation
- High temperature or temperature variations
- Background noise
- Vehicle vibration
- Vapor pressure
- Off-gas layers or steam
- Vacuum barriers
- Low dielectric constant of material
Made to Measure!
- Factory-calibrated, ready to measure
- Quick to set up, easy to service – no plant down-time
- Low maintenance, no moving parts
- Completely eyesafe
- RS-232C, and analog output compatible
- Rugged, industrial-rated, explosion-proof enclosures
- CSA, CE, and FM approved
The Sentry SR series is the latest in laser technology, designed for both level monitoring and object positioning. It operates at ranges of up to 25 meters, and is housed in a rugged, explosion-proof enclosure.
Sentry SR Level Monitors are available with a cooling plate option, extending operation to 150°C.
All Sentry SR Series Level Monitors are available in DV and CP models:
- DV: Optimized for performance in environments with excessive dust and vapor
- CP: Optimized for clear path applications.